Connor's turn later this week!
Love,
LB
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Noah Michael
I think all moms can relate to wanting to slow down the years as their kids get older. I know this is especially true for me as my oldest is almost in the double-digits. This post is dedicated to everything NOAH...
Noah is 9 years old. He enjoys Star Wars, Indiana Jones, kick ball, and building with Lego's. He loves baseball (especially the MN Twins) and also plays soccer and basketball. He wants to be a professional baseball player when he grows up.
He loves to have overnights with his granny and papa. His favorite foods are Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper, ham and cheese sandwiches, and ice cream sundaes with hot fudge. He also loves mom's cheeseburger soup. He's never been a picky eater and even asks for broccoli.
If I had to describe him in one word, it would be sensitive. He's one of those kids that you have to be very careful what you say to him, because he takes it all in and hangs onto it. Mostly his sensitivity is a wonderful trait and I can always tell when someone really knows him because they will comment about it. His sensitivity shines with little children and his cousin Jake is one of his favorite people.
I will often find notes like this in his room:
(The list of people on the left are family members and neighbors.)
Noah is not fond of BIG rollercoasters, dark rides, or injuries....be they teeny-tiny (paper cuts) or huge (thank goodness there haven't been any). He is partial to the no-contact sports.
Noah's love language is definitely "touch". He will think nothing of climbing into my lap or laying across my whole body. He loves a hug.
Noah enjoys making his family proud of him, and yet is quite humble. He loves to hear us cheering from the stands, yet doesn't brag when he hits a great shot. He beams with pride at parent- teacher conferences every year, yet rarely shares with me his day-to-day accomplishments and praises he receives. He was elected to his school student council this year by his peers and he almost forgot to tell me about it.
Noah was an only child for 3 1/2 years. Three wonderful summers of just Noah. Him and me. Hanging out, going to Target, going for walks, going to the park, visiting Granny and Papa, playing in the sand, and swimming. I cherish those memories.
I am so proud and feel very lucky to be his mom.
Connor's turn later this week!
Love,
LB
Connor's turn later this week!
Love,
LB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a nice post on Noah. He reminds me so much of Emily, especially the notes you find in his room!
I can't wait to read Conner's and don't be surprised if I steal teh idea of a post on each child!! Of course, if that's ok with you!
You are one of the neatest people I know and I am so glad to have you in my life!
What an awesome tribute to Noah.
What a great kid.
I might have to steal this idea also. Hope you are having a nice break. Don't you love being able to be home with the boys? I do!
So tender Lee Anne!! Has Noah read this or even have a clue that you started this blog? What an amazing gift you've given him...sharing your special love for him w/all. What a lucky boy!
Post a Comment