Talk about a perfect day....
We woke up to a rainy, pissy day in southern MN. Mike had to work half day and I lounged around all morning enjoying the fact that I got 120 projects corrected during my evenings this week and had NO papers to grade! WOO HOO! I can't tell you have good that feels.
I called Mike and we started talking about the afternoon. He had looked at the weather and noted that just 30 miles north, it was clear and sunny. That was enough for both of us. We decided to head up the MN Zoo and, if nothing else, enjoy the weather!
Turned out to be a perfect day. The dolphins are not doing shows for awhile, but we could still go in and watch them train. We also love the bird show at the zoo so we made it to the last days performance. A new Russian exhibit was also opened and we checked out the bears.
The whole time we were walking through the zoo, Connor was belting out Bon Jovi's
Living on a Prayer. There is nothing quiet about that child and he didn't care who stared. While he was singing it over and over and over and over....I noticed he was not singing the words exactly right. I finally asked him to talk the lyrics out to me.
Connor's version of the chorus of Living on a Prayer:
Ohhhhhh, I'm half way there
OH, OH. livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, a bucket I swear.
OH, OH, Livin' on a prayer!
.....a bucket. A bucket of what I wonder?
Today
FROM THE HEART presented the Hilstad family with a check for $19,000. Can you believe that? I still can't get over it. What a huge testimony to Lisa and how her earthly spirit certainly touched so many people.
The rest of the weekend will consist of a BBQ with my parents, and a trip to see Night at the Museum. We almost saw it at the zoo today, but it was outrageously expensive on the Imax big screen. I should probably do some laundry too....but it might have to wait until I am really, really bored.
6 comments:
What a great day you had. Your events with your "boys" gets me so excited for mine to grow up....nothing better. (I mean, I'm OK with them staying small for awhile because it goes by so fast, but Oh the fun things we'll be able to do like you do!) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
What a fabulous day! Nothing like a last minute trip to the zoo! Love the picture of Mike and the boys! I want to put you in my purse and take you and your camera with me everywhere I go!!!
Sounds like so much fun! I love the Bon Jovi story ... that is one of my favorite songs - yet, I still don't know if I all know all of the lyrics. :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
I forgot to mention how wonderful the family received a check for such a large amount of money! how wonderful!
I am glad that you are enjoying your weekend....pictures are great as always especially the one of the boys!
Your Saturday sounds perfect! I love that a rainy day ended with the news of the large donation! Oh and the picture of Mike and boys was an extra bonus!
Post a Comment