Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Indy

My first weekend out of school I spent in Indiana visiting a friend. I have been friends with Tammy since grade school and she moved to Indiana to be with her new love and his two beautiful girls this past winter. I had been warned about southern Indiana...."hick-country", "be careful for all the snakes", "do they have indoor plumbing where you are going?". This is what I saw when we rounded the last wooded curve on the 1/4 mile gravel driveway. Somehow I knew I wasn't going to have to worry about using an outhouse. Tammy has decorated the outside of the house as beautifully as she has the inside. If you look closely you will see a hammock hanging on the upper balconey and many of the corners contain quaint set-ups such as these: We spent our days away from this gorgeous home shopping, lunching, driving and chatting. It had been a long winter without my dear friend and we had lots to catch up on! Evenings were spent with her family, Paul and his two girls, Mallory and Cedar. Mallory in their new pool! Cedar imitating me as I tried to take pictures of her in the grass. This is what Cedar did while we sat and drank wine on the porch swing and relaxed. It was a beautiful night. Paul attempted to fix my camera lens that has been broken for months. I had high hopes because this man can fix just about anything. He did not have success with my lens. At least I know it's not worth fixing and I should just replace it. This might be my favorite picture of the weekend. Stella I had met before and she made an easy subject for some great pictures! As much as I was sad when Tammy moved so far away, it has been my wish that she would find happiness and love for a long time now. Seeing her so happy is worth having to start a long distance friendship. I had such a great time, TK. Same time next summer? On a side note, many people know I am obsessed with the play Wicked. When it came to Minneapolis I tried hard to make it work so Tammy and I could see it together. It is a play about friendship, and having seen it in Chicago, I knew it was a play I wanted to see with her. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as she was off to Indiana before the play made it here. This is my favorite song from the play and the chorus reminds me so much of how I feel about her. I thought it was perfect for this post.

4 comments:

Justin and Jessica said...

Looks like you had a great trip! :)

The house is beautiful!

Cristen said...

What a beautiful home, kids, dog, decorations, everthing! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Too bad about your camera lens! Glad you got to see your friend! Love the song, such memories!

Barb S said...

What a great place you were in....Indiana isn't so bad! The girls are cuties.....maybe a good match for your cuties!

Kirsten said...

I want to move to her house!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and got to see your dear friend :)