I order you to ignore all the lovely magnets and "kid things" stuck to the garage door. Husband took the picture and he doesn't think about backgrounds. I am just happy he got a nice picture of those sleepy chickens. Last night was tough having to go to bed 2 hours earlier than normal after sleeping in that morning. Tonight should be much easier.
Kids had a successful first day. Noah could not come up with one favorite thing because there were "too many fun things"! Right away he pulled up a cool youtube video his teacher had shown him. Connor said he liked first grade best even with the kid that sits next to him that is "kind-of crazy". I told him that he should stay away from the crazy kid and he told me it's not possible because he sits right next to him. Oh good.
My first day went fine as well. A LOT of teacher-talking-up-front-giving-lots-of-rules time and that is NOT the way I teach. Had to be done, but I am glad tomorrow will be less of me and more of them!
Another school year underway....bring on the football games, pumpkin patch, sweaters, soups, fireplace, heated throws, and apple orchard!!
5 comments:
Ron makes fun of me all the time because I pay attention to backgrounds in pictures!!! I will purposely straighten something out if I know it will show!
Glad the boys had a great first day of school. Hope the crazy kid isn't really crazy!!! ;)
Glad your day went ok. I thought about you all day long hoping it would go ok! Only three more days to go!
Love ya!
Cute picture of the boys...good job Mike! I am glad that they had a good day. I think you did a wonderful job telling the kids all the rules. Let's hope all of them remember them and follow them.
Glad the boys had a good day. They seriously look so much a like!
Day 1 down huh?! Feels like we've been at it awhile already. I love the fall!! All of those fun thigns.
So happy to hear the first day went well for everyone. :) Cute picture of the boys - and I love the background of kid things. :) Our fridge is already full of Jordyn's artwork.
I always think the first few days are the hardest for teachers ... so much info to share with the students.
I hope the rest of your week goes well!
The first week is over and you all survived!! How great that Mike took the picture of the boys...background stuff and all. He knew you'd want the photo and he got the shot!!
I'm glad the boys had great first day experiences and that you got past the standing/lecturing part you don't like.
Here's to a great 2009-2010 school year!
Post a Comment