Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkins and Pale Face

We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch in Faribault. We like it because it's an easy place to go to quickly. When the weather is nasty, which it was that day, they have an inside area to chose your pumpkin in. Plus, they make a Vikings painted pumpkin that we like to
pick up each year.
As you can see from the above picture, we haven't come close to reaching our "peak" of fall colors yet. Many trees have not even started to change yet. We had snow 5 days after the above picture (very unusual for this time of year) and I am so sad! I haven't been able to take any fun fall pictures yet and I worry that the cold temps and snow (which is now gone) will make the leaves just shrivel up and fall off the tree without changing at all. We will see.
Unfortunately Connor wasn't feeling 100% that day. I think he was tired, but he did have a little fever....I never took it, but I could feel it through his clothes. He came around later in the day, even told Mike he was "charged-up" the next day, but the trip to the patch wasn't his favorite event of the weekend.
This guy, on the other hand, had a great time picking out his pumpkin!
This is mostly the look we got while there...
This was as good of a smile as I could get that day.
We still need to make a trip to the apple orchard and are waiting for a decent day to do that. Fingers are crossed that Mother Nature will start being more kind to us and we can get out and pick some honey crisp apples!
MEA this week in Minnesota. That means 2 days off for me and the kids. Woo Hoo! We are going to have lunch with Mike, go see Where the Wild Things Are on the Megascreen, shop for Halloween costumes for our Play Group Party next week, enjoy a few play dates, watch the Vikes, celebrate the end of fall soccer with a parent/child game, and have a birthday dinner for Granny on Saturday night. Should be a fabulous 4 days!
I am still without my computer. (I mentioned that I "abused" the screen and cracked it, right? Well, according to Best Buy anyway. They would like $750 to replace the computer. Told us it would not be "cost effective" for them to replace just the screen. Mike found a replacement screen for $120 online with fabulous directions on how to remove the broken screen and put in the new one. Now I see why it's not cost effective for this multi-billion dollar company to replace screens. Have I mentioned picking up my computer from Best Buy will be the LAST time this family will buy anything from that store? They will miss my money.... ) and so all pictures are without photoshop. I really miss that program when I don't have it. Makes me wonder what I ever did without it.
As as side note, are any of you bloggers having trouble with pictures on here? They download fine but they aren't as easy to move. Quite annoying and messes with the way I want to format my posts.
Hope all you MN teacher-friends enjoy the days off this week, and all you others...hang in there, the weekend is near!

2 comments:

Justin and Jessica said...

I am bummed about the fall colors. Our trees here have lost their leaves, none of which changed colors. They're all green and on the ground. Such a bummer!

Hopefully the weather will warm up for you to get to the apple orchard! :)

I'm having problems with pictures on blogger too. If you figure it out, let me know.

Enjoy MEA. I definitely miss that about MN!

Cristen said...

I have been having problems with pictures on blogger for awhile. Very frustrating. I dont know how many posts I have deleted because I have not uploaded pics in the order in which I want them. Very frustrating.

Your pics always look great even without photoshop. Glad you found a computer screen, good luck installing it.

Enjoy your weekend my friend!