Ahhhhh….seven years ago today I struggled through hours of labor without pain meds to bring boy #2 into the world! And when people told me I would forget the pain…..they lied. I remember every. miserable. second. Even this morning I recollected those agonizing hours of being in labor, and I am pretty sure I had some Braxton hicks just for ol’ times sake.
Connor David Budach is growing up!
He’s a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich loving, DS fanatic playing, high energy expending, tough as nails….. BOY. He’s great at math and is reading every night to us, instead of the other way around. He continues to love baseball, basketball, and will play soccer this spring as well. He swims like a fish and can’t wait for pool time during our vacation next week.
With both of my boys I have always been amazed at how much growth occurs between the ages of 6 and 7. This is the year that so much maturing and realization happens. I sat at a restaurant last night (thanks for dinner Grandma Cindy and Dave!) and was so proud of how he ordered his own supper, looked the waitress in the eye, said thank-you and please repeatedly as the dinner went on, never once had to be asked to stop kicking/talking loudly/bouncing, and ate like a real person!
This is the year Connor has discovered friends! He has had play dates and birthday parties and is looking forward to his own friend birthday party this weekend. He has come to recognize the qualities of a good friend and it’s been fun to see him expand beyond just playing with the older neighbor boys. He’s become such a social butterfly that it was the one thing discovered at conferences that he needed to improve on…LESS TALKING! Seems he’s got a little girl in him after all…..who knew.
He still never tattles (lucky brother he has), he rarely cries, he loves to sleep, and he is a great eater! He’s even decided he likes broccoli this year. He doesn’t like pop (perfect!), does like Spongebob macaroni and cheese, Doritoes, Sunchips, pears, lemonade, and can make his own ham and cheese sandwich! He does not like cake of any kind. So this year I got him an ice cream cake which seemed to go over a little better.
I can barely hold him anymore. He’s almost too heavy for me. I knew this day would come. Makes me sad. He’s starting to sit still for longer than 3 seconds too so he’ll actually hang out on my lap for awhile. So, I suck it up and allow both legs to go numb just to squeeze out a few seconds with him. He always has, and still does, prefer to be held when he first wakes up…..mom and dad are happy to arrange that.
I can’t wait for this summer. Seriously, with boys like this…..our summers are going to be so much fun. They are easy, they are sweet, they are fun, they love to play with each other, and they are pure entertainment. What more could parents ask for? We are so lucky.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR! We love you and are so proud of the boy you are growing up to be……
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Connor! Have fun at your party and have a wonderful time in Florida. Make your mom and dad buy you lots of stuff...maybe even a new DS game!
LeeAnne and Mike...you have the cutest and sweetest boys....enjoy them!
Happy Birthday to Connor! Hope it was a good day and have fun at the birthday party!
And oh yeah....thanks to him being born I got a job! ;)
You always write the sweetest posts! I got all teary eyed.
I LOVE that he still likes to be held in the mornings. Megan is my cuddler and I LOVE it!
Can't wait to see pictures of the party! Your baby isn't your baby anymore. :(
you are awesome!!
Happy Birthday, Connor! He's such a cutie! :)
You're getting closer to your trip! Yay! Wasn't the news about Joe M great???!!! :)
Post a Comment