We found a pitching machine a couple of years back on clearance and snagged it. It pitches at 40 mph and we take it out every once in awhile and let the kids practice. We won’t let them put the balls into the machine, only bat. It’s pretty accurate but every once in awhile the wind takes a ball and sends it sailing in some weird direction. For this reason, Connor got beaned by a pitch last year. His immediate reaction was to blame Mike because Mike was running the machine. That cracks me up…..as if his dad would try and nail him with a ball!
Because of his bruising, he was always a little nervous batting afterwards and would pull away from the pitch.
But Dory must have forgotten about that event last summer because this year (including the batting cages in Florida which were 55 mph) he stuck right in there and had a lot of great hits.
Noah got in some good swings as well. It’s by far the best weather we have had for spring in a long time so he’s had lots of practice throwing and hitting every night. Try-outs are next weekend so I wonder if it will make a difference. Try-outs just assure that the teams are equal. All ability levels are evened out on each team. Mike will help coach this year and it’s something everyone is looking forward to.
Let the games begin!
2 comments:
Good swings...future Twins players at practice!
I a m from Bloffrog, I noticed you visited. I think your boys are so handsome and its cool that they have the confidence for athletics. It is really good to meet you, I will certainly stay in touch.
Post a Comment