** As a side note, I am having trouble with Live Writer. I am regretting switching over to it. I spend so much time spacing my blog out so people can read it easily. I space out the pictures so they aren’t crammed on top of each other. I try to make reading of it smooth…..and then the minute I publish it smooshes everything back together. So then I go back and redo every paragraph and picture and space out my text again and maybe ONE line will work. I have googled to try and find out what the deal is…no answers. So sorry. I know this is hard to read, hard to know which text goes with which picture, hard to tell where gears switch. SO ANNOYING!! GRRRR!
A little pressure from TK leads me to posting tonight. Now maybe she will leave a comment! Bwahahahahaha!
We spent the 4th of July weekend in Wisconsin Dells. It was a great couple of days and we did some fun things we hadn’t done in previous visits.
We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge.
A couple of prerequisites I have about where we stay:
1. Can’t be open to the public because the crowds are horrendous.
2. Needs outdoor and indoor areas in case of bad weather (which we had some of).
3. Can’t cost more than the Taj Mahal (which most hotels in the Dells barely squeak by this one).
I finally figured out the difference between the Wilderness and the Great Wolf (which had been the two resorts we seem to go back and forth between. I used to not be able to to tell a difference, but now I know what it is.
The Wilderness has many more areas of play, the Great Wolf is quieter and cleaner. I missed the pool side music cranked from the pool side lounges at Wilderness while I basked in the sun, I did not miss the noise at night. So, it’s a toss up each year as to which one we will go to!
We discovered this drive-in theater one year while visiting the Dells. We love it. This year we actually waited (and didn’t rush out the weekend it opened, shocking I know) and saw Toy Story!
I was smart and brought the kids’ gloves and balls so they could play catch while waiting for dark.
We made five trips to the concession stand and enjoyed lots of yummy treats!
*******************************************
The kids hit every slide this year. Even the Howlin’ Tornado which I can barely look at pictures of…….
Coming off a smaller ride. They could be poster children for “Fun at the Water park!” Huh?
I had to take this picture to prove who won “the race”. My kids aren’t competitive or anything.
************************************************
For the first time we went on a Duck Boat tour. It was a lot of fun. We learned a little history, saw a deer bedding down, and saw some gorgeous sites. We had this guide that had just graduated from high school and he cracked jokes the whole time. He fed us so much bunk that when he said we would get wet when going from land to water…..we thought he was kidding.
He wasn’t.
Apparently this sandstone is only found 3 places in the world. I thought it would look nice on my back splash in my kitchen or as columns on our new bar we are hoping to get. Loved the colors. I guess it crumbles in your hands when you touch it, so I suppose I shouldn’t use it for the aforementioned home revisions.
*********************************************
We totally lucked out and found out that our hotel was doing fireworks right outside our hotel room! So, we swam until 9:00 and went up the room, showered, and took some snacks out to our balcony to watch the display. I must say, I don’t think I have ever been so close to fireworks! I could not even get a decent picture.
It felt like they were on top of us.
Right when they started it began to POUR! I felt bad for all the people on the grass on blankets. They all ran for cover. We huddled under the roof of the balcony and we very thankful that we scored room #430.
**************************
Mike and I were there too. In case you were wondering. I got to eat at my favorite place in the Dells that I discovered last year, The High Rock Cafe. Yum.
Successful trip all around. Hope you enjoyed your 4th!
Big weekend ahead. Mike’s yearly trip to Canada, a bridal shower I am hosting for my niece, and being a single mother for a week. Hope I come out alive.
Peace Out,
LB
4 comments:
Sounds like it was a good time. Yes the picture of the boys could be a poster for water parks. We have a Great Wolf here and have toyed with the idea of going for 1 night...but it's so spendy!! What did you think of Toy Story? The end part killed me...reminded me of my boys with their sister :)
on a side note - I think that if/when you and Cristen respond to my rants, it should send me a message to my email or such :)
Glad you had a great time. We can't wait to take the boys to the Dells....maybe next year we'll be ready. ;)
Hi sister - thanks for the update on the Dells! :) Hope you are doing ok on your second day of being alone. 19 days until Indiana . . yahoo!! Love you!
Looks like you all had a blast. We are heading to Great Wolf Lodge here in a few weeks-we went last year and had a blast!
I can't beileve how big the boys are getting. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment