Sunday, August 22, 2010

End of Summer

 

We made it to a Twins game! We got lucky and attended on a day where the humidity had dropped so we were happy about that. We did learn a few things about finding a good seat at Target Field.

#1. Spending a lot of money does not guarantee a good seat. We were two rows from the field. Sounds cool, right? Not so much. We were on the third base side so that meant turning your head sharply to the right every time someone was up to bat. After about two innings of that, my neck hurt.

slowey

#2. Spending lots of money does not guarantee good seats. Being two rows from the field means you have a hard time following the ball. It’s just too close! Who knew that being TOO close was even possible.

casilla

#3. Spending a lot of money does not guarantee good seats. If it’s a day game and you are on the third base line two rows from the field…..you will be in the sun. The whole time. It’s gonna be hot. You will sweat. You will leave with a headache. You will spent lots of money on liquids.

So, basically the moral of the story is you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get good seats. In case you missed it.

We did have fun though. I knew an outdoor stadium was not going to be my favorite thing in the world (I liked being spoiled with perfect 70 degree temps, no sun, no sunscreen, no headaches) but the stadium is nice and the seats are way nicer with more leg room and comfort.

We saw Oakland play. Unfortunately the two games we have tickets for the summer…..you guessed it, both Oakland.

three

connor2

mom and noah

The Twins won and are continuing to do well this month. Next game isn’t until September and Mike and I were sure to scope out the seats we have for that game and they are in the shade and higher up! Woo Hoo! We are bringing my mom and dad so that will be a lot of fun.

We have still been going to twice-weekly speech therapy sessions for Noah. Last week all of the same issues came back after being gone for most of the summer. This was pretty heart breaking and frustrating. Not sure why they are back, we never know why, but we will keep plugging away and hope for the best. I think I will meet with his 5th grade teacher about it before school. This is the first time I have had to do that. Makes me sad for my boy.

In other news, Noah got asked to play fall baseball! We are all pretty excited. 12 kids got asked and they will play against teams a year older than them. The games are only played on Sundays and are always played in town (how they got all these towns to come here every weekend is beyond me, but it’s great!). Noah has LOVED being on this team. He loves practices even, which shocked me. He said he likes that everyone wants to be there, tries hard, plays well, and works at getting better. First double-header is today so I am curious to see how this goes! I am kind-of nervous about “bigger” kids playing against them but we will see!

The local fair has taken up most of our week this week.  We only go in the evenings, and only go for a couple of hours. We are obviously not big fair people! At least we are all on the same page and no one is disappointed when we leave. 2 hours is about all we can take. The food was great, the weather was incredibly hot, and there were only about four rides the kids liked. We are wondering if those wristbands are worth it anymore. We spent $40 for a wristband for rides for the week and they probably rode only $25 worth of rides all week. Next year we may try just getting tickets.

My classroom is ready to go. I always try to have everything in my room done so I can focus on curriculum and lesson plans the week of work shop. I am starting to get so sad about losing my lazy days of summer. We will also be starting Sunday school for the first time this fall. That’s stressing me too. I am hoping it all goes well and I don’t regret my decision to sign them up. Connor will do a football skills class on Saturdays so the poor boy will not get any sleep-in days for awhile…..I should have thought that out better. That kid lives for sleep-in days and asks every night if it’s a sleep-in day the next day. Poor guy…….

My only summer chore left to do is organizing the kids’ clothes. I need to go through and get rid of some stuff and find a new way to organize it all. Maybe this week I can work on that. I am making the kids help….should be interesting.

Next on the agenda is my niece’s wedding! Labor Day weekend is going to be crazy busy and so much fun. I can’t wait! It’s going to be in Eau Claire and some relatives I haven’t seen for awhile will be there. I found a cute dress so we are ready to go!

Tonight is the BIG night and Favre is back! Gonna enjoy watching him take the field for a couple of plays in the preseason game tonight. We got a new TV for downstairs so I think we will enjoy the coolness down there after two ball games today! GO VIKES!

Peace,
LB

3 comments:

Barb S said...

The Twins game sounds fun! Sitting in the sun...not so much!
Yep, the lazy days of summer are coming to an end!
Good luck with those boys and clothes...I KNOW how that goes!

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Yeah Noah on the baseball team. That's awesome. We are total opposite of you guys. We love the fair, unfortunately and were there every day....some days way too long! It was hot. Connor went on the zipper last night with MAtt for his last ride of the fair. LOVE it. Has it always been like that for you guys, not big fair people?
I go in on Wednesday to do my room. I try to vow to stay away until the week after teh fair....but then I start stressing about everything that needs to be done. Can't believe we're back at it already. ;( See you soon.

Kirsten said...

you're so funny with the money/seats thing(s) :) And can I just say that the one picture of Connor I was SURE was Noah...I thought you (the mom) mislabeled your kids...haha!