Traditionally we go and chop down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, but not this year. Mike had to work on Friday (who made up that phrase banker’s hours anyway? They had to have been a heavy drinker) so we ventured out Saturday morning to Budd’s Tree Farm in Clarks Grove. We have been going there since Mike and I met, and Mike has been going there many years before that. It’s one tradition we have never let go of. We love it.
This year I decided to let Noah take the pictures. He wasn’t super keen on the idea at first but really warmed up to it as he got going.
Me, explaining this would be an example of a bbbaaadddd tree choice.
Mom and dad with attempted bunny ears.
We had about four trees we really liked. Then we would run into another one we liked. This continued until we decided we found the perfect one.
Connor asked to chop the tree down this year…..
Dad explaining to Connor how it’s done.
It’s a lot harder than it looks when you have short arms.
Success!
Off for a good shaking.
We put off decorating it until Sunday morning. I always have to do the lights (takes forever, lots of winding around each and every branch) and then the boys pretty much do all the rest, except the highest parts. I am not a collector (the thought of it makes me itch), so I don’t have interesting ornaments, ornaments with lots of meaning, or ornaments that came from 100 years ago. In fact, mine are hand-me-downs from my parents! I have regular ornaments. And I like how it turns out every year.
Happy first day of December tomorrow!
Love…
LB
8 comments:
Paul wants to know if that is his present under the tree?!
Nice work with the pictures Connor! Wish we would have waited until Saturday...it was sunny and warmer. Oh well. ;) Your tree looks beautiful.
What a pretty tree....sounds like you had fun!
Conner did great with the pics! It is nice to see you in action!!! Your tree is beautiful as always! I would love to have a tree with "plain" ornaments! Mine would totally make you itch!!! :)
Love the pictures and your tree is just gorgeous!
Somehow I missed your last update, so I just got caught up. I was going to try Pear Tree, but I had a ton of coupons from Shutterfly, and it cost me $35, with shipping, for 100 Christmas cards. I couldn't pass that up this year!
I hope that you have a great week. We have 12 days of school until break ... But who's counting? :)
I"m confused....you said Noah took the pictures, right? He did a FANTASTIC job! Must be in the genes..and it's a bonus to see pictures of you because of it!
Hate to tell you that your ornaments DO have stories - your parents passed them down to you so THERE is a sotry in itself silly! :)
Yes...lots of confusion. Connor helped chop down the tree and Noah took the pictures.
And you are right K....hand-me-downs always have a story, albeit not a very exciting one. But, still!!
The end result IS beautiful!!!! Love it :D
Post a Comment