Sunday, July 31, 2011

Did You Know?

Did you know Pioneer Woman now has an entertainment section to her blog? Seriously, if I wasn’t a fan due to the photography (I use her editing downloads more than I use the ones in Photoshop) and the recipe sections, then I will CERTAINLY be a fan of this new one. I love movies, TV, celebrities.

 

 

Did you know Mike and I just got back from our last trip for the summer? We visited our friends in Indiana, Tammy and Paul. The four days were filled with lots of good food and relaxation. We also made a trip to a winery and visited the Louisville Slugger museum. We got to tour the factory where they make the bats for all the pro players and watch the whole process. It was interesting to hear all the different requests various players have for their own bats and see exactly how it all comes together. Both boys profited from that trip and got engraved bats. Mike and I enjoyed the time together in Indiana and even took the DVD player on the plane! It was such a short flight it took both flights to get through one movie.

 

 

Did you know that we signed Connor up for football? This is the first time either boy has played other than a small camp offered each August. I am totally freaked out about the tackling and am hoping there isn’t some 150 pound third grader out there lurking to pounce on my kid.

 

 

Did you know Noah is having sleep issues? He is taking melatonin and is convinced it’s helping him. I hope so. This morning he was up at 5:30. I told him he’s not going to be allowed to stay up late if he’s going to get up so early. Makes for a LONG day.

 

 

Did you know baseball season is over for Noah? Apparently Park and Rec doesn’t see the need to reschedule the games we had canceled due to rain or excessive heat. Noah is not happy the season is over. Sounds like there will be a fall league though so he is looking forward to that. Connor still has three games this week.

 

 

Did you know my latest obsession is this Dear Photograph site? I can’t get enough of it.

 

 

Did you know my new favorite restaurant when we make a jaunt north is Porter Creek Hardwood Grill in Burnsville? I ate there with my parents and have been back three more times. GREAT food, especially their house soup (a chicken vegetable) and salads.  They have a wonderful patio area to dine in which I suggest if it’s not too hot. I am getting together with a friend for some shopping Monday evening and I might just suggest this place.

 

 

Did you know my new favorite snack is hummus? Tammy introduced this to me when we were visiting her. I love the pine nuts one. I eat it as my lunch with low fat triscuits. Yummy! You can get it at Wal-mart.

 

 

Did you know I cleaned out the storage room this week?  I have never sweated in a work-out like I did cleaning that room. I bagged 11 bags of clothes to give to the Epilepsy foundation when they come around again. I have 8 empty storage bins stacked and ready for filling. That room has never been so organized. I even have a whole shelf for wrapping paper, bows, tags, gift bags, tape, scissors, etc. No more searching when we need to give a gift. Feels good.

 

 

Did you know our computer crashed and for about 4 days I thought I lost all my pictures? Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I had to re-download all my Pioneer Woman actions (which was so hard the first time I did it, but not so hard this last time) and the Photoshop software. Eventually the pictures were found. We seriously need to get an external hard drive.

 

 

Hope you are all having a great end to July!

LB

2 comments:

Barb S said...

It was good to catch up with you! Hope to see you soon!

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Like the new background. you have lots going on...;) I love that dear photography site.... enjoy the rest of summer Lee Anne.