Saturday, September 17, 2011

Long Time No Talk

 

Blog, sweet blog. Oh, how I have neglected thee. I feel super guilty about it too. Seeing everyone else post pictures of their kids’ first day of school has REALLY made me feel violent stabs to the heart. You see, I have no picture to post because one does not exist. The bad thing about being the photographer in the family is that if you aren’t around to take it, it won’t get taken. So, because I leave before the kids wake most days…..there is no picture to share.

 

However, there are other pictures.

 

Before summer ended, we finally made it to a Twins game. My sweet friend has season tickets and we always manage to snag a game from her every summer. We even got a night game! It was super hot, even though it was evening, but we still had a good time.

 

Mike and I glowing and sweating before the game.

Mike and I

 

 

 

Don’t you miss Kirby?

Noah and Connor and Kirby

 

 

 

Tony Oliva was walking the halls before the game. Poor guy was mobbed.

Oliva

 

 

 

 

A hot, steamy, fun way to end summer 2011! 

 

Noah

 

Connor

 

Both boys joined football for the first time this fall. It wasn’t exactly my first choice for a sport for my children, but now that they have been playing, it hasn’t been too bad. However, the ambulance with sirens blaring did have to come to the football fields this morning. Never enjoyable to see that.

 

Observe Connor in his game today……

Watching for the ball carrier, minding his own business…..

Connor

 

 

 A nudge from behind. Hey, can you do that in football?Connor 1

 

 

 

I believe they call this holding?

Connor 3

 

 

 

 

Poor boy thrown to the ground…..Connor 4

 

 

I would roll over and play dead too, Connor. Connor 5

 

 

He did get to play quarterback awhile and it’s quite comical listening to him call out the chant hut-hut thing.

Connor quarterback

 

 

Noah played immediately after Connor. The sun started to peak through the clouds during his game and we were even able to shed a layer or two.

 

Most of the game, Noah’s butt was toward the camera….

Noah

 

Noah running

 

Noah face

 

 

 

Mike helps coach Noah’s team so there were lots of these moments…… Noah reassurance

Noah and Mike 1

Noah and Mike 2

 

Noah is still playing baseball on Sundays. He plays double-headers. Between two football games Saturday and two baseball games Sunday, our weekends are pretty full. Somehow I have to fit in a birthday party for a certain 12 year old this month.

 

Hope your fall is starting off smoothly. I think I am ready for football, cooler weather, mums, sweaters, and pumpkins. Even if does mean winter is around the corner.

 

Peace,

LB

4 comments:

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Great pictures at the Twins game...you always take good people pictures. Glad you're back - I've missed reading your posts. Hope you had a great first couple weeks.

Barb S said...

Great pictures...fun to see the kids in football gear! I saw a bunch of baseball players out yesterday and thought about you! See ya soon....

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee Anne, I had to pop over and meet these boys of yours. What a darling family you have!!!!!! I'll be back. :) ~Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

Cristen said...

Love the pic of you and Mike at the Twins game! You guys are so pretty!

Soooo glad my girls can't play football. Not sure if my nerves could handle it! I am sure you get

BTW, LOVE Kirby Puckett!