Summer brings with it one thing......baseball. We spend two nights a week and most weekends at the ball park. This year the kids' schedules conflict and they have baseball on the same nights. Not a good thing. With Noah traveling it makes for some very interesting scenarios. Thank goodness for my parents. They are saving us this weekend by taking Noah to his away tournament as neither Mike nor I can bring him (saving that big news for later).
Two weekends ago Noah had a home tournament. It was 100 degrees and brutal. Thank goodness for the wind, as that saved us. It was super hard for the boys in the sun all day though. You could see it on them. They were exhausted.
They ended up taking second place!
Today I decided with the ungodly heat, the kids needed to be in the pool. I offered for them both to grab their neighborhood buddies, I would fix them all lunch, and they could hang out in the pool for a few hours.
After pizza, strawberries, chips, and carrots....they were ready for some competition.
They play this game where they throw footballs between the pool and the trampoline. When you miss, you have to switch locations. I am not sure, but I think there is some kind-of rule about the ball touching you and then you are out. Sounds boring, but they ALWAYS play it so it must be fun.
This goes on and on. No wonder they eat constantly and are little scrawny things. Ahhhh to be a boy.
I have been very busy. On Pinterest. For hours. Looking at the educational tab. Getting sucked in. It's an addiction. So bad.
I leave Friday for Nashville to be with this woman......
Man, anytime I complain about my hair growing slowly have me take out this picture from a year ago! I have been growing it out for about 7 months and it's about 4 inches longer than this.
I am very excited to see her. Not so excited to fly alone. I don't like maneuvering airports alone, and this time the only straight through flight (because I can't handle switching airports) was a little 26 passenger plane. EEK! I looked up some info about that type of plane and I should not be worried. But, I am.
We are going to see them.....
I know. Be jealous. Jason Aldean is opening for them too!
And the rest of the five days, lots of shopping and wine drinking. We are staying at a nice place (love being able to split the bill) that serves wine for FREE every afternoon. Hmmm....may never leave the lobby.
Summer + older kids was supposed to mean more time for me to do stuff. I remember thinking, "Oh my kids are little, but once they are older....I will have all kinds of time to do all kinds of things!" Um, yeah not so much. I feel like all we do is run here and run there and I never have time to take a picture, let alone blog about it. My camera can be such a hindrance as I am not in the moment when I am behind that thing. It's heavy and tough to carry around all day, so mostly I don't. But, I am going to try and start being better about it.
My goals this summer:
1. Paint my bedroom and nice creamy white. It will make my bedspread pop.
#2. Make a plan for my classroom using all the inspirational stuff from Pinterest. No more manufactured posters. It's all going to be student centered and things we add to as we learn. I am excited about it! I have a new room for the first time in 15 years and I figured this was the year to start fresh.
#3. Finish Downton Abbey so I am caught up when season three starts. I am going to probably get this one done first as I am taking it on the plane with me in a few days.
#4. Get certain closets and cupboards organized once and for all. Even if it means throwing stuff away and purchasing pieces to keep those areas neat.
#5. Take and frame pictures of my kids. Why are all the frames in my house filled with pictures of my kids when they had baby teeth? Considering the equipment I have, I should be so much better about this. I will get this done!
I hope your summer is starting off well. I am off to do laundry and pack!
Love,
LB












2 comments:
You are a busy bee aren't you? I am going to have to check out your boards on Pintrest and see what you have been "up to"! I can't wait to hear about your trip...you are going to have such an awesome time. When you get back we will get together and "wine" about your trip!
Have a fabulous trip. I am jealous you get to see Kenny and Tim! I would love that.
Love your goals. I have a couple that are the same, we'll have to catch up later this summer and see how we are doing on them. Enjoy!!!!!!
Post a Comment