Sunday, February 15, 2009
10 Things I love and admire about my Mother-in-Law
#10. For 12 years she has made me feel more like a daughter than a daughter-in-law even though she has a daughter of her own.
#9. She accepted me into the family with her whole heart even though my relationship with her son moved very quickly.
#8. Her marriage to my father-in-law was one of the most solid I have known. I loved hearing them laugh together.
#7. Her silliness and how she picks up my kids and loves on them makes my heart happy.
#6. Even in the midst of being treated poorly by family, she proudly holds her place, with her head held high, each and every time.
#5. She has given me the freedom to go to work and not be stressed about the care my children are receiving. This is something I can never repay her for, not in a million years.
#4. Her ability to persevere and again find love in her life with someone that has been a wonderful addition to our family, is a blessing.
#3. The respect she has shown my relationship to her son makes her a horrible subject for Mother-in-law jokes.
#2. She places my own parents high on her list of family.
#1. She raised a son with values and qualities that make him the best husband and father I could ever ask for.
Thanks, Cindy, for being an amazing second mom to me! I love you!
**** Having trouble uploading pictures through blogspot. Check back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the new background and love The Fray!
What a nice tribute to your MIL.
It is nice you have such a wonderful MIL. On top of all the great qualities you pointed out, she buys great Christmas presents too!!!!! ;)
what an AMAZING way to pay tribute to your MIL. You're lucky - but she is too...because you let her know how much she means to you. I wish I had that sort of relationship with someone.... Lucky you - lucky her!
Love the new background. You're just changing things all the time! ;) I know you've already done it, just letting you know I nominated you back...;)
Lucky you to have such a wonderful mom-in-law!
Post a Comment