We took Friday off this week. We kept the kids out of school and headed up to
GRAND SLAM in Lakeville. This indoor sports arena packs a serious amount of fun into a small place. Batting cages, laser tag, mini-golf, video games, bumper cars, and a ball room/climbing area made this place a boys heaven.
I did not pose them like this.....I swear!

We had a great time and left very sweaty! It was the first time playing laser tag for all of us and we all agreed it was a blast! They let us go alone as a foursome once and that scared Connor a little. It was too quiet and they really cranked up the fog and there were areas where we couldn't see a thing! Got to be a little much for him. You would go a long time without seeing anyone because it was 2 levels.
The boys enjoyed the pitching machines just as much as laser tag. There were different speeds and Mike even tried 65 miles an hour...I won't comment on how that went! (In his defense, it looked like a bullet coming out of that machine)

We enjoyed a sinful dinner and glass of wine at the Olive Garden and even made a stop for some strawberry plants, a trellis for my clematis, and some new pots.
Saturday was a busy day. We had soccer for both kids and it was FREEZING! I wore my winter coat and mittens and was wrapped in a blanket and I was still cold. The things we do for our children.....
Saturday afternoon was the Shriner's parade. Many of you know that my dad and brother are both Shriners so we went downtown for that. Noah and Connor were asked by our neighbors to ride along with them in their Volkswagon bug in the parade. Our neighbors are the founders of Grandparents for Education and are just getting support from the community so they asked the Shriners if they could march in the parade as well.
My dad
Tonight Mike and I are hoping to watch
THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. We rented it last night and never got around to watching it because I couldn't stop wacthing
THIS. So, although it about kills Mike to pay a late fee on movies we rent, he's going to have to this time because I hear good things about this movie so I must watch it before taking it back!
In other news, I finalized plans to go and see my sweet friend in Indiana right when school gets out. I can't wait. It's been a horribly tough spring without her. Mike and I will also meet her and her boyfriend in Chicago this July. Is there anything better than Chicago in the summer? See you soon TK!
Hope your weekend is peaceful.
LB
4 comments:
What a fun weekend you have had! Friday sounds like a blast. Wish we had a place like that! The picture of the boys with their golf clubs is awesome! They should seriously be models.
I am glad you are going to Indy to see your friend and that you are meeting her in Chicago.
An I agree, there is NOTHING like Chicago in the summer!
What a fun time...I am sooooo jealous of you four!
Thanks . . can't wait to see you, too.
I think you should look into being a writer Lee Anne. I so enjoy your updates and pictures!!
Post a Comment