Monday, August 31, 2009

Twins

We ended our summer with a trip to the Minnesota Twins baseball game this past weekend. I was looking forward to taking the kids. Both are into the game and know stats, plays, and players. I talked Mike into spending the money on decent seats....I was tired of sitting in the nose-bleed section only squinting at the field when people started clapping because that was the only way to know something was happening.
The kids made signs to hold up in between innings. We had a good time trying to get the cameras to notice them!

Can you tell who Noah's favorite players are? I thought they turned out great!

We enjoyed Dome dogs, mini-doughnuts, pretzels with cheese, and sunflower seeds.
Our All-Star Joe Mauer
TC the mascot
We will forever miss you Kirby
BACK TO SCHOOL! I started today with three days of teacher work-shop this week and then we ALL officially start back the day after Labor Day.
I already miss my leisurely summer.

5 comments:

Cristen said...

First of all, I love Kirby!!!

What a fun day you all had. Your pictures are fabulous as usual. The boys are so stinking handsome and they did an awesome job on their signs!

Lee Anne said...

They got a little help on those signs from mom's overhead projector! They just had to trace around them!

Kirsten said...

How did the cameras NOT pick up on those beautiful boys and their well made signs??!!

Justin and Jessica said...

So fun! :) I love going to Twins game ... that is one thing I miss about living in Minnesota. We only made it to one game this year.

What a great way to end your summer! I hope your few days of in service go well ... and enjoy your last "free" weekend! :)

Barb S said...

What a fun day for you! Glad that you got good seats this time...looks like better seats than we had this past spring!