Yes...Mike and I spent the WHOLE weekend painting in the kids' rooms.
What?
What did you think I meant by that title?
*****DISCLAIMER*****
All of the pictures in this post are taken with my old, yucky camera. I still have not bought a regular lens for my camera. My zoom lens obviously isn't conducive to taking photos in a small bedroom. Lots of odd sunlight shadows and flashes....don't say I didn't warn you.
Poor Connor has had the same room since we bought this house. I am embarrassed to say he was 6 months old when we moved here. I had changed a few pictures, added a few shelves, but the poor kid has generally suffered with this childish room for quite some time. Just ask him.
OK, I agree. The yellow screamed little kid, but I liked his name above his closet. He would not allow that back in his new room. I am still not happy about that.
He also was not diggin' this star rug. ***sigh***
Nor was he a fan of these charming black and white photos displayed on the shelf, taken by his mother. Ungrateful child. (Yes, that one on the left was taken in the tub.)
Here is the new and improved! We did pretty good, huh? I love the colors. I still need to get a new dust ruffle, and there are a couple of posters that need to be framed, but the hard part (painting) is done!
The new shelf display. Still a work in progress.
These are two of the black and whites I took to frame. The others I can not upload to blogger because I messed with them too much in Photoshop. Blogger doesn't recognize all those fixes....unless someone knows something I don't know!
Noah's room. I go into his room to gaze at his bedspread when I need something to cheer me up. I absolutely love it and it is SOOO his personality.
Another view with his shelf that houses his Lego masterpieces.
I am still working on more baseball photos to frame and other things for the walls, but that will come. I don't want it to be too "theme-y" so I am trying to pick and choose decorations wisely.
Minus a small, minor RED-PAINT-ON-THE-CARPET-SPILLAGE....things went pretty smoothly while painting this weekend. I wonder how long it will take for my body to recover?
Love,
LB
4 comments:
The rooms look awesome! :) I love the paint in both rooms. The pictures you took are beautiful - you are very talented!
I will be sad the day that Jordyn wants her name off of the wall too.
Looks great LeeAnne. I LOVE painting and decorating....it's always so much fun. I've been itching to get into Jacob and Connor's room to change it, but soon Jacob and Nolan will share it and it will be fine for them....then I get to decorate Connor's new room!! Funny - he actually wanted a baseball theme, but then we found some "all sports" stuff that he decided on. Super job - I hope your boys are enjoying them.
I was hoping for a little more steaming entry with that title though. j/k....
Awesome...you done good...hummmm... spilling the paint...that is something I would so do! I will be anxious to see both the rooms!
Post a Comment