Monday, March 29, 2010

“Don’t you feel a little out of place?”

The title says it all. This is what Mike asked me on day two of our vacation to sunny Florida.

 

We decided this year to forego Orlando and check out Twins training camp in Ft Myers. Mike found this awesome, newly built, place online through travelzoo (which is also how we find awesome hotels in Chicago for cheap! If you don’t subscribe, you really should). I remember his frantic phone call home and me having to quickly look at this place online and decide if I wanted to stay there because the “deal” was going to expire soon. I took one look and told him to grab it because #1, I was tired of looking for places and reading hundreds of reviews, and #2, the place looked darn nice.

 

The Resort at Marina Village did not disappoint.

 

kids room

The kids relaxing in their room, watching their flat screen, after a LLOONNGG day of flying. They have their own bathroom.

 

mater

Master bedroom. It took every ounce of willpower not to jump into that bed.

bath 1

Master bathroom. This is one of two areas like this in the master. The other one is identical except it has a close-up make-up mirror attached to the wall that swings out….I think I would like to have one of those in my real house.

shower

Huge walk-in shower in the master. There is also a separate commode area with a door. This bathroom has three separate areas. Unreal. Oh, and a walk-in closet too.

 

kitchen

Full kitchen. So much nicer than anything I own. It’s exactly what I would want mine to look like, from the cupboards, to the granite, to the set-up. The cabinets are filled with pots, pans, glasses, cutlery, strainer, cutting board, Tupperware, wine glasses…..absolutely everything and it’s all brand new. Amazing.

livingroom

Living room. The big flat screen is on the other wall. In between this and the kitchen is a huge dining room table.

patio

This was the screened patio! It had sliding doors off every room in the condo. It was so nice. Mike especially loved sitting out here. 

view 2

This is the view. We were on the 10th floor.  Sorry for the poor quality, but I wanted to show it and didn’t have any other way except through the screen. Those are full-sized huge trees so we are WWAAYY up in the air! Very peaceful and quiet views.

We hit the jackpot with this place. Without that deal Mike found, we would never be able to afford a place like this. The staff is incredible, the restaurants onsite have great food, everywhere you turn the staff is cleaning, organizing, restocking. Every time you walk by a desk or enter the gates someone greets you or waves. It’s pretty awesome. I could used to this!

Day one we spent swimming, batting, and go-carting.

connor batting

noah go cart

mike go carts

Day two was spent at the ocean. The water temp was only in the 60’s. According to the waitress at Cheeburger Cheeburger where we ate lunch, this has been a horrible winter and spring for Florida. They haven’t seen temps this cool, for this long, in forever. So no one was in the ocean, but it was still fun to play in for awhile. That night we actually went to How to Train Your Dragon in 3-D because the weather was just not nice! So sad! The movie was very good though.

 

 

kids ocean

Day three has started with another gloomy day….hence why I am able to write this post while everyone is lounging! Hoping for brighter skies in the day ahead. Not sure what is on the agenda…good thing we bring the computer, we will have to do some googling.

4 comments:

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Not all of the pictures can be seen. Maybe it's just my computer and I'll have to check back later. I want to check back later....it sounds wonderful. glad you are having a good time. hope the weather starts turning around.

Cristen said...

What a beautiful place to stay. Way nicer than my house. Sorry your weather is crappy but crappy weather is Florida is STILL better than the crappy weather in Ohio!!!!!

P.S. I can see the pics ok!

Kirsten said...

What a GEM you're staying in! I LOVE IT. The bedrooms look like a 5 star hotel. Not that I would know what 5 star is...but you KWIM.

And the boys...they are wearing SHORTS in March! Can't do that in MN now can ya?! And how about that water...cold or not, what a beautiful color! The sand looks rough - different than the sand I see. Am I wrong?

And that kitchen is just nizza! I have black granite counters and hate them because they show every speck of dust/crumb imaginable. The house was built when we bought so there was not way to change them out....


Make the best out of your stay - you so deserve it!

Justin and Jessica said...

Wow - what a nice place!! I am jealous!

I hope you get some warm, sunny weather soon! :) I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I have 4 students in Florida right now - two of them will be at training camp this week!

Have fun!!