That title pretty much sums up or vacation! If we weren’t swimming, we were eating. If we weren’t eating, we were at a Twins game! It was a relaxing vacation.
We did have two days of gloomy weather while we were in Florida. In fact, the temps in MN were warmer than in FL most of the time we were down there except the first day we arrived. Because we did so much of the same thing each day, they all blend together. So, instead of a day-by-day recap, I will just highlight a few things. Oh, and I took very few pictures! Sad, but true.
We ate at Carrabba’s Italian restaurant. It was very yummy! Mike had some shrimp dish and he said the shrimp were incredible. I had a pomegranate martini that was yummy! I found this one on tripadvisor.com. Just like hotels, I read many reviews to find places to eat. Usually we are not disappointed. This place was great.
We also ate at a little restaurant called Fusion for lunch. It was at this restaurant that I noticed something about restaurants in Florida as opposed to the ones in MN. You know how you can’t go into any restaurant (or store for that matter) here in the summer without a jacket or sweatshirt? You will freeze if you do. I always carry one in the car for this reason. I hate being cold when trying to eat. Anyway, it’s not like that in Florida. You would think it would be with the heat they experience, but it’s not. I never needed a sweatshirt in any place we went, and never have in four years we have been to Florida. Because of this, coupled with the humidity, there is sometimes a stickiness and odor. Well, this restaurant had that…an odor and stickiness. However, the food was very good. I had a mushroom and Swiss omelet with fresh fruit and it was yummy. Kids had pasta and they both liked it.
The last night we were there we ate at the restaurant onsite. It was called Marker 92. We knew it would be spendy, but we figured we would splurge on our last night. The food was VERY good. Mike had strawberry grouper (which the waiter told us is a native fish caught 150 miles off the coast. He had a story for every seafood dish…when it was caught, when it arrived, etc) and he said it was amazing. You know you are eating a great dish when the vegetables aren’t beans and corn, but asparagus and sugar snap peas! I had a pasta dish with chicken. The pasta was fresh, and the minute I saw the shaved parmesan on top…I was in heaven!
On one of the cooler days we went to The Imaginarium. It was probably more for younger kids, but we still had a pretty good time. We saw a 3-D movie on dinosaurs and ecology and visited the exhibits.
Noah touching a cloud.
Dad and Connor making their way through a trivia-walk. Looks sunny, but it was not warm!
Making a TV weather forecast.
The day we visited the ocean was cool and very windy. The Floridians tells us it was the coolest they remember it. The water was icy! We still enjoyed our time there searching for unique shells and critters.
We had a great time at both Twins games. It was nice to get up close to the players and get a sneak peek at the season ahead. For sure the highlight of our time in Florida.
We were very glad to have a condo as opposed to a hotel room. Kids had their own area, could watch their own TV, and we could relax. It was nice to have the kitchen every morning to make coffee, and have a bowl of cereal or an english muffin before heading out for the day. The kids loved our huge shower and took turns using it. We certainly got spoiled staying where we did and Mike says he’ll continue to look for this hotel on travelzoo and if it goes on sale again, he’s booking it for next year. Good news for us!
All the time and work that goes into this trip and then it seems like it’s over in a second. Another successful spring break!
3 comments:
LOVE the baseball pictures!! Had you never eatern at Carrabba's before this trip? That's one of Dan's favorite places to eat! Katie loves the bread and dipping oil!
So glad you made the best of of the crappy weather days! Better yet - you just added another memories for the boys :)
What a fun time for you...don't you miss vacation already!!!!
What awesome pics!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! You guys deserve it my friend!!!
Post a Comment