Friday, September 10, 2010

Catch-Up

Wowza……lots has happened since my last blog.

First, my lovely niece got married! Devon is the only niece/grandchild in the family so this was a big deal!

We traveled to Eau Claire Wisconsin for the wedding and spent the entire weekend there. We stayed downtown at the Ramada Inn Civic Center. I am going to recommend you DON’T stay there ever. It was an old, nasty hotel. Devon’s reception was held there though and the people and the food were great. So, it was easy to put up with a dirty room if it meant having a blast at the wedding reception!

devon throwing 2

~ Amazing ~

Our whole family was there, including some aunts and uncles I haven’t seen in a long time that drove a long way to be there. It was wonderful to catch-up with them and spend two days together.

family 2

Me, Dad, Mom, Rick (brother), Lisa (sister), Carrie (sister).

We had such a blast. We danced and danced and just enjoyed being together.  We don’t get together like that very often so it was nice to spend family time like that.

Devon asked her mom to be her maid-of-honor. They are best of friends and only had each other for all of Devon’s life. It was time for Devon to throw the bouquet and many single ladies crowded the dance floor to catch the flowers. I caught the whole thing……

 

dev throwing

 

Carrie catch

 

Car and dev

 

car and dev 2

 

car and dev hug

How great was that? In that fourth shot when Devon has her arms out she is saying, “I didn’t even know where you were!”

I love how Carrie looked right at me when she caught it. I love how no one messed up my shot by running in the front of me. I love how it wasn’t wrecked by her turning away from me or something. And the fact that those shots turned out in the dim light with having to use a horrible flash……..miracle.

I live for shots like these! Made me very happy!

 

 

 

dev and bud

I feel so bad, but this is one of the few shots I got of the two of them! I don’t know what I was thinking!! Apparently I was having a little too much fun at the reception NOT taking pictures! Bud still looks good, but obviously his eyes are closed. Sorry Bud!

 

 

 

 

kiss

They made us tell stories about the groom and bride in order for them to kiss. Lisa and I got up and told a story about Devon and her love for the musical Annie. She knows every word to every song and we used to have to listen to it while eating supper (she was at my house a lot growing up). My mom bought a tape cassette player and placed it on the counter and would play it while we ate. REAL FUN for a cool teenager like me to have to listen to every night (I was 14). Ha!

 

 

Lisa Family

Mitchell (nephew), Michael (nephew), Lisa (sister), and Matthew (nephew)

Michael and Devon are the same age. They grew up together and for the longest time were the only two little ones we had! Devon asked Michael to be an usher in the wedding and he came all the way from San Francisco. It was SO GREAT to see him.

tracy, rick, lisa

Tracy (sister-in-law), Rick (brother), Lisa (sister)

Somehow I didn’t get a picture of my brother’s family. How that happened I don’t know! I searched and searched my camera and then remembered I took a picture of them, but it was with their camera and not my own too. Duh.

no and con 2 mike and lee 2

As usual, no good family photo of the four of us. Poor Connor had been poked in the eye during family pics so he is winking in all of them. Maybe it’s time for me to learn how to use photoshop to paste a good head from Connor onto the winking head. We will see……

SUCH A GOOD TIME!! The newlyweds took off for Mexico Monday. I can’t wait to hear all about their trip. My mom said she was sad the wedding was over! I agree, it was such an amazing day and a great way to end the summer of 2010!

After a day to recover (did I mention we high-tailed it back to Owatonna for a 10:00 baseball game for Noah?) we started to gear up for school! Hard to believe Noah is already in his last year of elementary school! Next year he will be in my building and I CAN’T WAIT for that! I think it will be so much fun to have him there everyday. Connor is in 2nd grade this year and I am just hoping to still be upright by the time he gets to my school.

 

Noah has two more weekends of fall baseball left (which makes us sad because we love watching him) and we will miss the final weekend because we are taking my parents to a Twins game. Connor starts football tomorrow. SUNDAY SCHOOL starts this weekend. Mercy Me. Wish us luck with that one.

 

Hope you enjoy the weekend. I am exhausted and looking forward to some down time.

 

Peace,

LB

4 comments:

Barb S said...

Wonderful pictures! The bride is so beautiful....glad you had a good time and congratulations on making it through the first week of school!

Justin and Jessica said...

Love the pictures! What a beautiful bride!!

I hope you had a great first week of school! We are at mid quarter already!

Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

This is so great!! Thanks for writing that-its soo cool to see the shots from the bouquet toss!! :) Love you!

Kirsten said...

I LOVE how much you love your family Lee Anne! Devon was a beautiful bride...but looks what/where she comes from :)