Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Bowling Budachs


Man, we have been enjoying our vacation from school. Why can't it last a month? I am certainly not one of those moms that needs a job to feel fulfilled...no sir. If only that money tree in the backyard would start sprouting some coinage.

On New Year's day we ventured up to Lakeville to go to Brunswick Zone. They have bowling, laser tag, arcade games, and a restaurant so we thought the boys would love it. My parents joined us for the trek north and my sister that lives in Lakeville joined us with her two boys (and one boy's girlfriend) for the fun.

The older kids started with laser tag. Connor was a little nervous about it and decided to pass. He remembered from our laser tag expeience at Grand Slam that it gets pretty dark, they pipe in smoke so it's hard to see, and they sometimes play eerie music. Noah, Mike, Mitch, and Matthew ventured in for a duel. I so wished I could have taken pictures inside there. Would have been fun.

While they were playing laser tag, Connor tried his hand at a few arcade games.








When the others finished their game, they joined us in the arcade.





Mike and Connor sat in a simulation ride that took you on a rollercoaster-like journey and the chairs shook and rocked as you went. Reminded us of Disney, on a much smaller scale of course.


Both kids tried Guitar Hero. Connor received this for the Wii from Granny and Papa this year.






Connor has a unique way of holding the guitar. He is right handed but there are a few things he does left. Kicking (soccer) is one of those things he predominantly does left-legged and apparently strumming a guitar is another.


Then it was time for bowling. About an hour prior to bowling, we had given the employee all of our names, shoe sizes, and whether anyone needed bumpers to bowl. So, when they called our name, it was all set up and ready to go. We arrived at lane 7 to find our names already entered, our shoes all waiting, and when it was Connor's turn to bowl, bumpers would magically appear and go away before it was the next person's turn. Very impressive.


Mike and Noah waiting patiently.



Dad, me, and Mom



Sarah, Matthew, Lisa, Mitchell, and Connor



Connor




Noah


After bowling, we enjoyed a yummy supper at their restaurant. They had an nice huge fireplace in there and TVs in all the booths that you could turn to any channel you wanted. It was quite impressive.


All in all a great day!


I am enjoying my last Sunday before school starts back up. I got all 120 projects graded, house is back in it's normal form, and I am ready to enjoy a nice afternoon watching the Vikings game. Maybe even read my book under my heated throw....since it's -18 degress without the wind chill today!

Still waiting patiently for Suncountry or Southwest to lower their flight prices to Ft Myers. Or how about offering more than one flight? Would that be so hard? Or how about more than one flight...how about one THAT DOESN'T have an arrival time of 1:00AM. Is that asking too much? I swear this horribly cold weather is causing my bones to ache. I need to be in Florida in March. Someone help!


Happy January to all!
LB

3 comments:

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Looks like you had a blast!
i am so depressed about having to go back to school tomorrow....I can't complain because will get some time off with baby I know.
It sounds like some of us ladies are in the same boat right now ---wishing we didn't have to work! ;)
See you tomorrow.

Barb S said...

Looks like fun...Nice pictures of all of you...have a good day tomorrow!

Justin and Jessica said...

I hope your first day back went well today! :) It's always hard to get back into the swing of things!

Looks like you had a ton of fun over break!

Can I come to Florida too? Oh wait, I think the dr. will say no traveling by that point! (by the way - in answer to your question - this pregnancy has FLOWN by!)

I hope you can find cheap flights soon, but I just read today that roundtrips were going up in price again. :( Darn!

Miss ya!